Friday, November 13, 2015

Weary - Five Minute Friday

Work makes one weary when it feels like whispering in the wind.
As I reflect, I remember and believe that our labor is not in vain.
What we do for the Lord matters. It has and will reap a harvest of righteousness.
Because the Lord is faithful.
His ways are not our ways, but they are so very much better than all we can ask or imagine.
This is not pie in the sky.
I have seen it happen in my life and in the lives of those around me.
These days of weariness are light and momentary in comparison to the eternal glory that lies ahead of us.
So I press on toward the goal. Today I fix my eyes on Jesus, the rock of salvation, and continue to press forward. Day by day. Step by step. Breath by breath. I place my weary mind, heart, and body into His tender care and trust completely that He will complete the good work that He began in me.

 Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

Anna Smit said...

He is always faithful, isn't He? Not always in the way we'd like, but His goodness is in all of it, something our eyes are slowly opened to. May God bless you with His peace and strength in the days to come. Visiting as a fellow FMFer.

Sarah Travis said...

I love the way you brought in Philippians 3:14 and pressing on! When we grow weary we press IN to the Lord and ON to His work :) #FMFParty neighbor.

Kadie @ 12 twenty8 said...

We may be weary here on earth, but we will not be weary in heaven. It is all for Him and for that we will press on!