Friday, September 16, 2011

Christ, the Church, Fidelity & Pat Robertson

Russell Moore writes" "Christ, the Church, and Pat Robertson"

Here is his conclusion (but don't miss the entire article, here>>>):
"Jesus tells us he is present in the weak, the vulnerable, the useless. He is there in the least of these (Matt. 25:31-46). Somewhere out there right now, a man is wiping the drool from an 85 year-old woman who flinches because she think he’s a stranger. No television cameras are around. No politicians are seeking a meeting with them.

"But the gospel is there. Jesus is there."

Amen and Amen!!! (ht:challies.com)

2 comments:

Barbara Thayer said...

Thank you so much for sharing this article. It is a blessing to me. My mother died from Alzheimer's Disease and I could not believe what Pat Robertson even suggested. However, there are many people in this world who believe a person is no longer a person when afflicted with this disease. Jesus loved her throughout her life....she believed and now rests with Him in heaven. Having cared for her for ten years, I consider it a blessing....I loved her more as a result even though there were tough days. I wrote about it in my blog "The Crucible of Pain". Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Deb said...

Oh, Barbara! Thank you for your comment and for stopping by and taking time to share your experience. I am clicking over to your blog right now to read some of your devotionals and hope that I'll find the article about your mom there, too. Your timing is truly a blessing! Have a beautiful rest of your Sabbath Day.