Monday, October 25, 2010

Ramping Up for Reformation Day

Three great pieces to get me started thinking about Reformation Day:

1 - Curtis (aka Voice) sings the first ever rap about the Heidelberg Catechism by Kevin DeYong's request - Link  For a rap song, it is one of the best I've heard! The Heidelberg Confession was the focus of Kevin's speech a tthe Sovereign Grace conference and his newest book called, The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism (Moody, 2010).

2 - Justin Taylor interviews Dr. Carl Trueman on Luther's 95 Theses

3- (Redux) A Satire from The Onion online: Modern-Day Martin Luther Nails 95-Comment Cards to IHop Door I still laugh out loud everytime I read this. And I've probably read it more than a hundred times!

Our church will be joining a couple of other local churches on the evening of the 31st to hear a message about the Reformation from a local OPC pastor. We're looking forward to the shared fellowship.

No comments: