Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Grumbling Problem

"Grumbling begets grumbling. When we complain we are only practicing for our next complaint. Today in prayer, confess any constant grumbling in your own life and seek to find peace in Jesus Christ." - Peter Kennedy, Daily Devotional Email, August 31, 2010.

Today's devotional email hit home pretty squarely. I know that I should not complain, but I'm so very prone to it. The above quote from this morning's devotional was great. I pray that I would not be practicing for my next complaint as I go into the day, being content and seeking to serve in my new job.

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr

God’s Word:
“Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!” – James 5:9

“These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.” – Jude 1:16

No comments: