Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Good Listener? - or just appearing to be one

My good friend from church and I talk on the phone several times a week about things we've been learning in our Bible studies and how God is using our studies to help us grow in our understanding. He is a really good listener, which means I probably talk a lot more than I ought to or at least more than I typically would.

Tonight, as we were talking on the phone about our Romans study, he was snoring -- and holding the discussion. At the same time. You know, repeating what I was saying back to me and actively granting the affirmative ah hah's in the appropriate places.

And snoring.
When I asked him if he knew he was snoring, he answered, "Yeah, I'm laying on my side. Usually, I lay on my back when I'm on the phone and I only snore when I'm on my side." When I asked if that implied that he's often asleep when we talk, he said, "Well, not all of the time."

Folks, I'd bet that if he could bottle that, I'm sure he'd make a fortune selling it to husbands. LOL. (And I wasn't mad at him at all. I just thought to myself, how do I keep from turning our calls into a monologue? That's something we'll need to work together on!)


(okay, so the roles are reversed, but still...) ht:Calvinistic Cartoons

No comments: