Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Glory of Plodding

I first read this article by Kevin DeYoung in the May edition of TableTalk when I first received it in April and remember thinking - "Amen!" as I finished it.
Then a couple of weeks ago, several of my RSS feeds in my reader picked up the link on Ligonier and shared it on their blogs.
Tonight I read it again and couldn't help but think how much I enjoy Kevin's writing (Why We Love the Church, Why We're Not Emerging, etc).

Here is a great summary quote and a link to the article:
"What we need are fewer revolutionaries and a few more plodding visionaries. That’s my dream for the church — a multitude of faithful, risktaking plodders. The best churches are full of gospel-saturated people holding tenaciously to a vision of godly obedience and God’s glory, and pursuing that godliness and glory with relentless, often unnoticed, plodding consistency." Read more>>>

sidenote: this week and last have been the busiest weeks so far for substituting. I was told that the last weeks of school tend to be sparse, as everyone prepares for finals. However, the reality has been a gazillion calls and jobs every day. Of course, the fact that I have a hard time saying no doesn't help matters. Tomorrow - day 11 without a day off... how did this happen? Looking forward to some rest and a wonderful Sabbath rest Sunday... Two more days... sigh...

No comments: