Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Giving Forgiveness, Freedom from Bondage, Freedom to Serve

Several articles this week have crossed my monitor on the topic of forgiveness, which have really convicted, challenged and encouraged me. I thought I'd share those here:

One common theme that runs throughout is the idea of the bondage that holds our hearts and minds captive when we hold onto unforgiveness, both against those of the household of God and even those who do not yet know Christ. It impedes our worship and makes it hard, if not impossible to be light and salt - to share and live the Gospel. Count me convicted. But even more than that - count me as convinced and willing to ask God to change my hard heart toward those bitter strongholds that strangle my joy, peace, and effectiveness. And thanks for the reminder -- a life of reconciliation is a journey! Grace and peace, in Christ's name.

No comments: