Saturday, February 28, 2009

Radical Change - Hiatus

I'm thinking about going on a hiatus from blogging. This blog has been an awesome tool for helping me grow in my faith personally, but I have never quite seen it as an actual ministry. In fact, I don't even think I've got a mission statement for what this thing really is supposed to be other than a personal journey laid out before the masses.

In any case, I'm in the process of developing a personal mission statement and focusing in on specific areas of ministry where I can serve most effectively. So far, some thoughts are: ministry to the homeless thru an urban parachuarch ministry, seeing if we can get a team together to start a single/college/early career ministry at our church, and possibly joining a church planting team. I've got much more prayer, fact-finding and advice to seek out before I start to make changes, but in the meantime, I doubt that I'll have much to share on this blog.

One of the most important things that God has taught me over the past 13-14 years of being a Christian and serving Him to His glory is that my ministry efforts going forward NEED to include this principle from Ecclesiastes:
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

So that's what's going on and what I'll be praying for personally It is very important for me to no longer engage in ministry and service that does not provide this backdrop - including this blog!
Feel free to join me in prayer or email me if you have questions, concerns, or encouragement: deblw at yahoo dotcom. Thank you and God bless!!

No comments: