Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On critiquing the sermon

At Stuff Christians Like>>> Funny stuff, but also very true to what is going on my heart when I sit in judgment. In addition, I think it helps explain those occassions where I sit through a sermon, thinking something to the effect that "I didn't really get anything out of that." Then two or three days later, I replay it on the web or CD player, I find myself saying "Wow! that was incredible." Exact same sermon. So, what changed? My approach and attitude.

It's the difference between when I am being forgiving, loving, giving, and open versus judgmental, taking, selfish and apathetic. And sometimes I'm just a hair away from switching sides. This is a great reminder to take every thought and word captive and make it subject to Christ. Good stuff.

No comments: