Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flacco attracts Delawareans as Ravens fans

In May 2008, I predicted that Joe Flacco, as the Ravens rookie quarterback, would draw Delawareans back to being Baltimore fans. Many of us moved on to the Eagles after the Colts vacated Baltimore years ago. I went so far as to believe that expanding their fan base was actually one of the factors that influenced Baltimore's choice to draft Joe Flacco in Spring of last year. That was just a guess, but now look!!
Yesterday, The News Journal reported (just as I had predicted) that many Delawareans are becoming Ravens fans. If Flacco and the Ravens go to the Superbowl, that would be amazing, and as a Delaware alumn, I would have to root for the Ravens over the Eagles! (I just hope my pastor doesn't find out - LOL).

No comments: