Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Gospel and Discernment

Mark Dever talks about how the Gospel is the foundation of every correct doctrine and true Biblical teaching.




A few days ago, a group of us from church were discussing sharing our faith, when one of our pastors pointedly asked me "What is the Gospel?" I responded in pretty basic terms about man's sinfulness, God's Holiness, Christ's atoning sacrifice, and our response and as I got to the almost to the end.. I stopped and said something like, you know that's a bit of trick question. Because the Gospel isn't the question. The Gospel is always the basis of the answer. The Gospel is definitely about how man can be saved - from what and to what, but it also encompasses ultimately so much more. The Gospel is basis for our answers to all of life's issues. I think this video from Mark Dever is a nice complement to our discussions on this topic from the other day.

No comments: