I like having the opportunity to collect my thoughts and things I've found or learned altogether into this written format. Sort of a live diary that anyone can read. A bit scary, but a great tool for growing in faith if nothing else.
It's the little things
Little things that are different in my new job:
- Wearing different shoes and clothes every day, instead of camo and combat boots!
- People really do call each other by their first names and -no - everyone's first name isn't "Colonel" or "Sergeant."
- People don't feel the urge to threaten you with physical punishment for making a mistake
- We collaborate and seek consensus on projects, rather than dictating and delegating.
- Wearing make-up and jewelry is perfectly common, instead of a violation of published regulations.
- People assume good intentions on behalf of others, instead of assuming that every transaction will culminate in a head to head confrontation that must be mediated by the one with the highest rank.
- and many other things that I may or may not blog about in the future.
Last semester we studied Ruth and Esther from the Old Testament. I blogged here on Ruth, and also want to write a post fsoon rom my Esther studies this past fall.
This semester we are studying "God With Us" by Carol Ruvalo, which is a survey study of the Gospel accounts, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
In Sunday School, we have just started "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan. The class is over-flowing with enrollees - more than 30! I'm blessed to be Joy's assistant as we go through this great Christian Classic.
Okay, with all of that being said, I will try to catch back up with my blogativity. Ha! I coined a new label. Take care, God bless, and G'nite. DLW