Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not done yet and other thoughts

It's been a while since I've written anything here and quite honestly I do missing blogging.

I like having the opportunity to collect my thoughts and things I've found or learned altogether into this written format. Sort of a live diary that anyone can read. A bit scary, but a great tool for growing in faith if nothing else.

It's the little things

Little things that are different in my new job:
  • Wearing different shoes and clothes every day, instead of camo and combat boots!

  • People really do call each other by their first names and -no - everyone's first name isn't "Colonel" or "Sergeant."

  • People don't feel the urge to threaten you with physical punishment for making a mistake

  • We collaborate and seek consensus on projects, rather than dictating and delegating.

  • Wearing make-up and jewelry is perfectly common, instead of a violation of published regulations.

  • People assume good intentions on behalf of others, instead of assuming that every transaction will culminate in a head to head confrontation that must be mediated by the one with the highest rank.

  • and many other things that I may or may not blog about in the future.
Back to Bible Study and Sunday School

Last semester we studied Ruth and Esther from the Old Testament. I blogged here on Ruth, and also want to write a post fsoon rom my Esther studies this past fall.

This semester we are studying "God With Us" by Carol Ruvalo, which is a survey study of the Gospel accounts, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

In Sunday School, we have just started "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan. The class is over-flowing with enrollees - more than 30! I'm blessed to be Joy's assistant as we go through this great Christian Classic.

Okay, with all of that being said, I will try to catch back up with my blogativity. Ha! I coined a new label. Take care, God bless, and G'nite. DLW

No comments: