Thursday, December 13, 2007

False Transparency

Goodmanson.com posted "The Lie of Transparency in Community" earlier this week, which explores how the differences between true vulnerability and false transparency work out in community. It "appears like humility but it is a charade of self-righteousness behind the 'right things to say.'"
That was an exellent quote for me to reflect upon and to apply personally.

It also reminded me of Hillary's reply to a question during the debates today. When asked how her potential presidency would be different than some of her past political endeavors which were shrouded with secrecy, the senator from NY said that she would create a transparent administration by using a strong communications strategy. Spin is not exactly what I'd call real transparency or authenticity. Guess that's probably one of the reasons why I should stear clear of politics - I'm way too prone to these kind of pride issues.

No comments: