- - taking a seminary class
- - getting to go on vacation nearly whenever or where ever I want
(ie, missions trip or similar trip)
- - only needing to prepare enough dinner for one person every night
- - being responsible for a lot people and stuff at work
- - going to monergism.com, reformationtheology.com, and greenbaggins.wordpress.com for answers to all of my theological questions
- - visiting neighbors or family almost anytime they are available
- - watching my favorite show ("The Office") every week
- - helping to teach Bible Study or Sunday School
- - listening to my favorite music whenever I want
- - watching my favorite DVD movies any time of the day
- - reading like 150 books per year
- - being able to come home at the end of the work day, drop whatever's in my hands, collapse on the couch, and visit my favorite blogs/websites/devotionals for some good spiritual refreshment and renewal....
I'd trade any of it in heartbeat for a loving, Godly Christian husband, but I'm seriously content that God has given me the opportunity to chose to be a good steward of the copious free time that comes with being an older single Christian woman. The greater promise is that one day, we will all be joined with our eternal Husband, who is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Praise Him for our particular and present station in life! He has uniquely positioned us to serve Him and to be about His business where ever we are planted, right now - today!!