Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bumper Fish? No thanks, I'll keep it on my dash

Bumper Fish? I'm not a person who likes the idea of putting the Fish sign on the bumper of my car. Actually, I've had the "Ichthus" (Fish) symbol on my dashboard for years, in hope that the symbol will work to spur me on to better driving, with the result of a somewhat improved witness out on the streets. Bill at Provocative Church posted Five Reasons To Pry Off The Fish Symbol saying that the symbol itself is not necessarily a helpful witnessing tool when displayed on one's bumper. I'll stick with my dashboard!
Thanks, Bill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see how sometimes the Fish symbol can be a stumbling block. However, I actually like seeing the symbol on the backs of other people's cars when I'm driving down the road. When I see the sign, I can't wait to see if I know the person driving. And it does make me drive better too when I see it on other cars. food for thought...

deb said...

Hi Anonymous! I like your reasons for keeping the fish symbol on the backs of people's cars. Maybe I shouldn't have one (since my foot is heavier than most folks), but I tend to agree with your point that it's nice to see other Christians out there on the road. Thanks for commenting!