Friday, August 24, 2007

What a day!


In my line of work (well, one of my lines of work that is) which is education counseling and services, this is hands down the busiest time of the year! Add to that the fact that it is the end of the fiscal year and all of the accounting and reconcilations I've got going on.


Then there is the second part of my job working for a General, who happens to want me involved every day, instead of one weekend per month, which is the standard expectation. He wants status reports all of the time and is trying to get us into the sandbox. (oh no!)


Now, on top of all of that, include the fact that I'm involved with about 7 different ministries with my church -- and this is the winding up period for the fall (after everyone was pretty much on vacation since May - do other people ever struggle with the summer lull in church in the summer?).


AND - I'm getting ready to start a seminary class next week via distance learning.


Starting to get the picture? Yes, I'm feeling a little stressed. Trying to be helpful. Trying not to let go of any of my responsibilities.... and stirring up CONFLICT?


You know when stuff is moving this fast you don't have much time to sort of reflectively, meditatively evaluate every interpersonal exchange. I mean, if you want to ask a question, you do it politely and humbly and stay willing to accept the person in authority's response. So the fact that I'm in the midst of a few conflicted relationships tells me that God is trying to show me something about my sinful responses. Of course, this will require a reflection, immersion into God's Word and meditative prayer.


Meanwhile, I've got to go mow the lawn and pick some canteloup and tomatoes out of the garden and walk the dog.


Or maybe I'm just too busy? I promise not to shrug it off. Here's hoping we all have a blessed rest of the day...

No comments: