Each year, the Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch (M-LAW), has a contest looking for the nation's wackiest warnings. Here are a few favorites this year:
- On a lawnmower a label warned: "WARNING WHEN MOTOR IS RUNNING- THE BLADE IS TURNING!"
- On a pizza box found in the frozen food section, the cooking instructionswere on the bottom of the box with the warning: "DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN!"
- On a container of lighter fluid: "WARNING: Contents flammable!"
- On a box of household nails: "CAUTION! - Do NOT swallow nails! May cause irritation!"
- On a blow dryer a warning read: "DO NOT BLOW DRY IN SLEEP"
- Seen on a container of salt: "Warning: High in sodium"
- On a bottle of children's cough medicine: "Caution: May cause drowsiness; donot drive or operate heavy machinery"
- On a bottle of spray paint: "Do not spray in your face."
- And the 2007 warning winner was found on a washing machine at a laundromat that warns: "Do not put any person in this washer."
We live in a world that loves to warn us. But we need to be mindful of God's warnings meant to protect and not to harm. By the power of the Holy Spirit we both heed His warnings and give His warnings to others in truth and love.
Praise the Lord for His warnings, because they are just one more way that He shows His love for us.
Proverbs 16:25 "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."