Saturday, August 25, 2007

Famous slip ups


Open mouth, insert foot...

D'ya ever think you were getting ready to say something really pithy and thoughtful only to have it come out with the opposite of the desired effect? Sure! We all do it.

Here are a few famous slip-ups that I thought were funny (keep in mind, I have an unusual sense of humor, so I'm taking a chance by even posting these):


"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree
with them."-- George Bush, Former US President

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny likethat but not with all those
flies and death and stuff."-- Mariah Carey

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."-- Jason Kidd, upon his
drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

"The people in the Navy look on motherhood as being compatible with being a
woman."-- Rear Admiral James R. Hogg

You helped our nation celebrate its bicentennial in 17 -- 1976."
--George W. Bush, to Queen Elizabeth, Washington, D.C., May 7,
2007


"When my sister and I were growing up, there was never any doubt in our
minds that men and women were equal, if not more so." -- Al Gore, August 12,
2000.

No comments: