Sunday, August 5, 2007

Life's trials from In Touch Ministries

Before church today, I watched Life's Trials Explained by Charles Stanley at In Touch Ministries. He's not particularly reformed, but I really appreciated his take on this subject, especially coming off the type of day I had just had Saturday.

This really spoke incredibly to me in my present circumstances. I thought it might bless some one else too.

Yesterday was a very long day at my work. I've got some major issues and decisions to make with regard to my work situation. Decisions with implications as big as anything anyone has faced. And there are a multitude of distractors and "giants" surround me, bearing down on me, bearing false witness, hoping for my demise, and trying to improve their own status off my back. I didn't get home until very late and had to turn around and leave my house because I was having a panic attack. I've never had this happen before, but my heart was jumping out of my chest and I was overwhelmed with anxiety over my situation (being sent to the box with a bunch of immoral bozos). Anyway.

God is sooo awesome though. He spoke with me about the situation in Dr Stanley's sermon and then again later in our church's worship service. Praise God.

No comments: