Hebrews 11:13-16 "And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. "
1. That we ought not to rest in the world and its enjoyments, but should desire heaven.
2. We ought to seek heaven, by traveling in the way that lead thither.
3. We should travel on in this way in a laborious manner.
4. Our whole lives ought to be spent in traveling this road.
5. We ought to be continually growing in holiness, and in that respect coming nearer and nearer to heaven.
6. All other concerns of life ought to be entirely subordinate to this.
1. THIS world is not our abiding place.
2. The future world was designed to be our settled and everlasting
3. Heaven is that place alone where our highest end and highest good is to
4. Our present state, and all that belongs to it, is designed by him that
made all things, to be wholly in order to another world.