Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sermon: Christ Bore God's Wrath for Our Blessing

Christ bore the wrath of God for His people,
that we might receive the blessing of God.
Guy Waters' 7/8/07 sermon on Isaiah 59:1-21 and Galatians 3:1-14
Listen Now>>>

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
------------------------------------------------


Ye who think of sin but lightly, nor suppose the evil great,
Here may view its nature rightly, here its guilt may estimate.
Mark the sacrifice appointed, see Who bears the awful load;
’Tis the Word, the Lord’s Anointed: Son of Man and Son of God.


Stricken, smitten, and afflicted; see Him dying on the tree;
’Tis the Christ by man rejected, yes, my soul, ’tis He, ’tis He!
’Tis the long expected prophet: David’s son, yet David’s Lord;
By His Son, God now has spoken: ’Tis the true and faithful word.

--------------------------------------------------
Arise, My Soul, Arise
1. Arise, my soul, arise,
shake off your guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice,
in my behalf appears;

Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands,
My name is written on His hands.

5. My God is reconciled;
His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child;
I can no longer fear

With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And "Father, Abba, Father," cry.
------------------------------------------

"I have loved you with an everlasting love & with everlasting kindness have I brought you." -Jer 31:3

No comments: