Sunday, July 1, 2007

Must Focus on Jesus - not on me...

The past couple of days I've been way too moody and hyper-sensitive, which can be a good thing or not. On the plus side, every thing I read or sermon that I listen to seems to have an amplified meaning and really, really resonates. On the negative side, I'm starting to read into everything. Whenever someone makes a judgemental comment, I ascribe it to myself. I'm the worst, the biggest pain, the creepiest, the outcast, you name it. Praise be to God that His Word turns me away from ME and points me back to HIM. Whether it's hormones, lack of vitamins, fatigue, I don't know what, the point is to focus it ALL back on Him!


1 Tim 1: 12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent (woman), I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.



A great reminded of the fact that God has taken me, a person once cut-off from God, His enemy, and has ushered me into His family - into God's own household - He has adopted me as His child by His Grace.

And:

Eph 2: 11Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

We are fellow citizens with God's people. (Even though this world is not our home, I can rest assured that in Christ I've been adopted into God family and no one - not sin or angels or demons or anything - can rip me out of the palm of His hand. Period.)
Rom 5:10 "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved
through his life!"
Remembering this and totally grateful for the timely reminder. Grace and Peace to all.

No comments: