Thursday, April 26, 2007

Waiting...

If Jonah was last year's archetype for the narrative called my life, then this year must be Sarah (or Rachel). Last year, over and over, was the realization that God was pursuing me and I had to stop running from his call. The Lord definitely has some kind of call on my life, bigger and different than the general call that believers receive to receive forgiveness for our sins in His name.

So, then this year, it would seem, that my proverbial pendulum has shifted to the other extreme -- trying to rush God's promises and His will. It's like I know that He wants to use me as a vessel of some sort to give birth to some type of ministry something or other that will somehow or other bring glory to Him. But instead of waiting on His timing and waiting to be fully equipped and waiting by serving where I'm planted right now, I'm like Rachel, bartering for consumation - now. Or like Sarah, I'm trying to hurry things up and find my own plan for bringing it about.

Waiting patiently and walking by faith and not by sight is really, really hard, especially when deep, deep in our hearts we long for true intimacy with Christ; when we know that He wants more from us; and when His signs and wonders are in overflowing abundance all around us in thousands of different but interconnected ways.

Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 34"Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" 35 "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" 36For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

No comments: