Thursday, March 29, 2007

What does God want?

"What does God want from me??!" I desparately inquired of a Godly woman (who hardly even knows me). And I prayed. Then I remembered Micah 6:8 .

Micah 6:8. "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

But I want answers. What does God want me to do? I mean I know He has been getting my attention for a long time in a lot of different ways. But I really just want Him to come out with it - Go to Minnesota or Africa and be a missionary. Or sell your house and go to seminary. Or - voila, here's your husband, now go get married. I keep wanting Him to make it clear and to make it radical. Quit your job. Sell your house. All of that. But God's so vague. I'm sorry if I'm a bit frustrated. But I am. How do people know for sure - you know - when, where, how and to whom to minister? (Sigh...)

Daily manna. Just for today, I will live by the Word of God:

Act justly - don't look for loopholes to not do what is right always.
Love mercy - never stop looking for opportunity to do good to those in need - giving by grace.
Walk humbly - worm theology - I'm but dust, dead bones. Faith like a child. I have nothing that God hasn't given me and yet I can do nothing apart from the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

Dear Father in Heaven, You are truly awesome, gracious, sovereign, and loving. I am not worthy to be your servant, but you're pleased to call me your daughter - a precious child of the Living God. Dear God, please reveal more of Yourself to me. Please open my heart and my mind to what You would have me to do. Make me willing to be obedient to whatever Your will is - day by day. In Jesus' Holy name. Amen

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi! My name is Michelle from Vermont. I stumbled across your blog tonight and it is fascinating!! I could read it all night. :) My blog is northernapostolicmom.blogspot.com if you want to stop by. May I add your blog to my blogroll? You have blessed me tonight... thank you!

Deb said...

Hi, Michelle! Nice to meet you. I was just visiting your blog too. If you would like to add me to your blogroll, that would be great.

You have also blessed me as well. Isn't our God such an awesome God?