Monday, February 12, 2007

Baby steps...

Gal 5:6 "but faith working through love..." So, what evidence of faith are expressed in my life? Truly, there is so much more than I could conjur up in my strength. Compassion, hospitality, giving toward those who perhaps lack in some way by which I might fill the gap. Serving those in my care and those to whom I am accountable. Submitting to those in authority. Yes, there are evidences. Yet, I am all too aware that I continually fall short of Christ's example and the many fruits that we are called to live out. What is awesome is that if I confess and ask Him for the strength and willingness to obey, and take that first step of faith, He is so faithful and blesses it.

Earlier, I came across an article that struck me as incredibly practical as well as relevant and timely. It's called The Single Woman's Home: A Mission Field. In a way, it's like stumbling onto a whole new realm of understanding. Typically, I shutdown when people make 'women should stay home and cook' the thesis of their rhetoric. But this article is not like that. I want to be like this and it is thoroughly biblical, practical, and edifying in so many ways. I'm going to start with a new label - "Home" - and go from there. Baby steps...

No comments: